When I first came on the social media scene, I was so wet behind the ears. Intrigued by the feeds of all of the insta-famous bloggers and influencers I was following it made me curious about what kind of person they were in 'real life.' Are they as cool as they appear on my feed or are they snooty individuals who wouldn't give me the time of day? I've met both and just so you know, I'm one of the super cool, dope ones. So to show you how down to earth I am, today I'm sharing 11 truths about myself that you might not have known.
1. I Had My First Child (a girl) At 17 / I never thought in a bazillion years that I'd become a teen mom. That time was the most scariest time of my life. What am I going to do. I can't raise a child. How (we all know how)?, Why me? Although I still haven't figured that part out, I can say that she saved my life. Believing that I wouldn't make it to age 21; she was the reason I had to get it together.
2. I Can Play A full Set Of Drums / One day at church (years ago), I was asked to fill in for the head drummer who didn't come to church that day. I've never had any training nor any desire to play. Yet, I picked up the sticks and starting playing. On beat, the entire set!
3. I Went To College For Nursing / But I didn't finish. I was a single mother and when it came time for clinical's, I didn't have the flexibility since I had to work. I'm okay with it because I wasn't going to be a nurse for long. I knew at some point I was going to work for myself.
4. I Got Married On A Less Than Shoe-string Budget / My husband and I were broke and living check to check at the time we got married. And since I was already pregnant, I didn't see the need to have a wedding. However, my friends wanted me to have something so they came together and planned a shotgun wedding. Get this, I didn't have a car at the time and the truck my husband was borrowing had broken down the morning of our wedding. So we had to get a ride to Walmart to buy dinner (using some of the gift cards we received as wedding gifts) and then home. Even though it wasn't the fairy tale wedding most girls dream of, I wouldn't change anything about that day.
5. I Hate Rompers / I've never liked them and will probably never wear one. The only person they look cute on are babies (in my opinion).
6. I Only Eat Seafood Dishes When I Go Out To Eat / No matter if it's a steak restaurant or a chicken joint. If they offer fish, shrimp or crab, I'm ordering it. If they don't have seafood on the menu, I'll get a salad instead.
7. I Like To Role Play With My Husband / I wanted to be an actress and I took drama in high school and loved every minute of it. And since I never became that famous actress, I perform for the hubs. We've even gone as far as him getting fake tattoos and renting a motel room.
8. I've Been On My Job For 12 Years / And I want to quit. I have no desire to move up further than my current analyst position. Although I like some of my co-workers, I don't fit in. It's to the point I don't even dress up any longer. But rest assured, I'm grinding my way to being about to work for myself.
9. If I Had A Pet / It would be a Capuchin Monkey. I think they are so cute.
10. I Don't Like Greeting Cards / I'm not sentimental. I don't gush over birthday or valentine cards. I feel so bad when people give me cards, because once I read them (after a week or so) I throw them away.
11. I'm Super Silly / I love making people laugh. But I rarely show that side of myself, especially to people I don't know.
What fact from the list above surprised you the most?
Let me know what you thought in the comments below! And if you have a list of fun facts most people don’t know about you, feel free to share. I’d love to read your answers.